Most customers today prefer to shop online. Online shopping is so accessible and convenient. This is the reason why most business persons put up their own eCommerce websites. Most eCommerce websites are bound to success, but is yours?
Online shopping is the latest trend and not passing through. Why would anyone go to the shop personally when they can do shopping from the comforts of their own home? Because of the rising popularity of online shopping, more and more business persons are setting up their own eCommerce websites to meet the needs of customers and of course, earn big money online.
There is a very bright future for eCommerce websites. As long as there are needs that should be met, there will be customers. For eCommerce website owners, earning money online can be so easy. If people need your products and services, your website will stay alive as long as you want.
Because of the increasing numbers of online shoppers, there is a need for more eCommerce websites. The problem, however, is that there seem to be several eCommerce websites now. A lot of business persons have answered the call to sell something online. This makes online competition very tough.
Just think about this, if you sell health and beauty products online, there are hundred more several websites like yours. They also offer the same products and services. If there is one customer looking for a health product, he has a hundred choices to choose from. So how can you increase your website’s chance of getting that customer?
Plan Ahead And Market Your Commerce Website
This is one thing that most eCommerce website owners do not completely understand. Most of them think that once they have set up their websites, they don’t have to do anything anymore. They will just sit and wait for sales. This may be true ages ago, but with the tough competition now, if you don’t do anything, you won’t get any sales.
eCommerce websites need two things to consider. First is planning and the second is marketing. Before setting up the website, there must be a thorough planning first. In planning, you must consider the target market, budget, design and other factors that will affect the overall performance of the website.
Second is website marketing. After you have set up your website, you need to work on a marketing campaign. Through marketing, you can make your website more popular and visible to your target market. There are several web marketing options which you can use. The choice of the web marketing option depends on the need of your website.
Remember not to stop working on your website after the set up. If you stop working on it, the sales will also stop. Continually market your website for continuous sales.
The following are 10 simple yet very powerful ways to increase your eCommerce Website Sales:
1. When you make your first sale, follow-up with the customer. You could follow-up with a “thank you” email and include an advertisement for other products you sell. You could follow-up with them regularly. The goal is to begin building a relationship with your customers so you need to keep in constant contact with them.
2. You could up-sell to your customers. When they’re at your order page, tell them about a few extra related products you have for sale. They could just add it to their original order.
3. Tell your customers if they refer four customers to your web site, they will receive a full rebate of their purchase price. This will turn one sale into three sales.
4. When you sell a product, give your customers the option of joining an affiliate program so they can make commissions selling your product. This will multiply the sale you just made.
5. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to your products. You could include an ad on or with the product for other products you sell. You could make sales for the reproduction rights and sales on the back end product.
6. You could cross promote your product with other businesses’ products in a package deal. You can include an ad or flyer for other products you sell and have other businesses selling for you.
7. When you ship out or deliver your product, include a coupon for other related products you sell in the package. This will attract them to buy more products from you.
8. Send your customers a catalog of add-on products for the original product they purchased. This could be upgrades, special services, attachments, etc. If they enjoy your product they will buy the extra add-ons.
9. Sell gift certificates for your products. You’ll make sales from the purchase of the gift certificate, when the recipient cashes it in. They could also buy other items from your web site.
10. Send your customers free products with their product package. The freebies should have your ad printed on them. It could be bumper stickers, ball caps, t-shirts etc. This will allow other people to see your ad and order.
There you go. The great thing about these powerful strategies is that you can implement them immediately. As I said, they are easy to start using but the outcome could be a substantial increase in your conversion and/or buy rate which is the ultimate goal. It is extremely important to make your customer and/or prospect feel special and to provide them with additional value-added items that will keep them coming back.
Did I miss something? Leave a comment below if you have suggestions on other ways you can improve your website to help increase sales.